Just since January 2014, researchers have reported that sitting for long hours is linked to:
- Worse mental health
- A higher risk of death from heart disease and other causes
- A higher risk of being disabled
Living an active lifestyle helps trigger the release of the feel good hormones, endorphins, and results in at least 10 significant exercise benefits:
1. Increased energy
2. Increased Self-Esteem
3. Increase Mental Focus
4. Decreased Risk of a Heart Attack
5. Decreased Risk of Osteoporosis.
6. Reduce the Risk of Breast Cancer by up to 60%.
7. Increased Strength and Stamina.
8. Reduced Depression and Anxiety.
9. Decreased Stress Levels.
10.....Well actually, there are another 50 which are not listed here.
We are here to help you acheive your goals and live a more meaningful life. As such, we have implemented into our practice the goal to help us Get Out and Move together. We offer sessions that help us implement these practices while we talk and process current issues you may be dealing with. We offer walking, jogging, hiking, cycling, and skiing therapeutic sessions.
Let us know that you are interested in our Get Out and Move sessions when you contact us and we can schedule an activity that works for you.
The cash rate for each Get Out and Move session is $120 per hour. Insurance may cover the walking sessions.